Chevron

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas in NY

We are back from celebrating with my family in NY.  Just before our arrival they got hit with 4 feet of snow!  The night we came it started snowing again and it didn't stop for 3 days.  Records were broken but we didn't let a "little" snow stop us. :-)  The usual second hand shopping was on the agenda (70% off!) along with some crafts, game playing, good food and family time. 

A rest stop break and he couldn't have been more excited to be out of his car seat!


Chilly days...0 degrees!

The lighting was bad but this gives you an idea of the piles of snow!

Moving babies don't make for very easy photo shoots :-)

Jack thinks small spaces are a challenge.

When Jack wasn't playing with my parent's phone he was playing with Legos.
I think he will be happy to see some under the tree in a few days!

We attended a Dickens Christmas at a lake town nearby.  There was jolly caroling, horse drawn carriage rides and warm drinks from the Patisserie. 

Bundled babies enjoying the sights.

I am busy doing last minute Christmas preparations, baking and making more elderberry syrup for my sick husband.  The excitement is building as we are looking forward to celebrating Christmas in our own home for the 1st time.  We wish you all a Merry Christmas!
2010 Christmas card

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great visit...I am so jealous that you got to be there for the snow! If it hadn't been such a busy time of year I think I would have packed up for an impromptu visit up there. :)

    Enjoy Christmas in your own home...being with the whole clan is wonderful, but there's also something special about being home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Christmas together! Jack sure is a good traveller!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!