Chevron

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Telephone Redo

For Christmas Jack is getting a phone!  I once saw someone using a real phone for their child's play phone and I thought that was a good idea.  So I searched high and low for a good rotary phone.  None of my second hand stores had one but remember last spring when we went to a flea market (no? That's okay!)?  We found one for $2!  It needed a really good scrub and some sprucing up but we are happy with the results.  Check out the transformation...

Boring tan color so we gave it a punch of color!

Seth is the master spray painter so I let him do that part.
I personalized it with stickers and then gave it a clear coat.
I really wanted a cheap black cord but the average cost is $10 for one cord!  Crazy!
Thankfully, my mother-in-law had a white one we could have :-)


Based on his recent love of all things phone, I think he is really going to like it!  He turns just about everything into a phone and says either "hi" or "on" into it!  He uses his hand, my hair, blocks, toys, container lids...not much escapes being an imaginary phone!  Really, I don't even talk on the phone much but when I do he is definitely paying attention.

See what I mean!

2 comments:

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!