Chevron

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Home Again!

We made it back safely Monday night.  Jack and I had a wonderful time with my family.  So much for posting on the blog while I was gone...we were just too busy having fun!  The days were full of crafts and sewing, Audree's birthday party prep,  shopping (second-hand, garage sales, mall, grocery) and lots of loving on Jack from his family!

Jack got his second tooth and mastered the art of eating while we were there.  He loves all fruit, plain yogurt and some vegetables (so far ones of the green variety trigger quite the gag reflex!)  He also really enjoyed always having someone to play with him.  I'm afraid our house isn't quite as lively!

One of the highlights was sewing with my Mom.  She was ready for any project I threw at her!  We (mostly her!) made a farmer's market/library bag, a taggy beach ball for Jack, and a new cover for the high chair cushion.  We also did a lot of paper crafting for the party.  We made a banner, pinwheels, tags, cupcake picks and invitations all with a pink and green ladybug theme!


I got the high chair at a garage sale for $5 instead of the usual price of $100-$250!  I have had my eye on this type of chair since it will grow with Jack but I wasn't willing to pay the price.  This was such a blessing!

Beach bucket party favors!

I love that all the siblings could come for Audree's party.  It truly made my trip special to see my sisters and brother.  Seeing my old church family and my friend Rachel and her family was great also!

Audree blowing out her candle!

Here are some other photos from our time in NY.

Jack relaxing in the hammock!

Jack snuggling with his Gammy after a bath.

Grampy and Jack on Memorial Day.

Those red sandals used to be my brother's!

We already miss everyone and we look forward to our beach vacation in a couple of months!

3 comments:

  1. Seeing the pictures helped me relive our visit! Can hardly wait to see you again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip 'home'! Jack looked like he enjoyed all the family time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is almost nothing better than having the whole family together!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!