Chevron

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

8 Year Anniversary

Tygert Lake 2007

Today we celebrate 8 years of marriage.  Our lives together have been so blessed and each year keeps getting better!  I am so thankful that the Lord brought us together. May there be many more years to share.  I love you Seth!

Over the weekend, we went on our early anniversary date.  Graciously, Seth's Mom came and stayed with Jack while we went out. Thanks again Mom!  We ate at a local authentic Mexican restaurant that was very delicious.  After dinner, we had a rousing game of putt-putt!  I'm afraid my athletic ability was not up to par (excuse the pun!) but we sure did enjoy ourselves!

Seth got a hole in one!  Me...not so much!

I was too busy trying to take pictures in the fading light!

After Seth successfully beat me I needed ice cream!  :-)  We ended up at Bruster's where a brownie sundae was calling out to me.  Little did I know that the thing was HUGE!  A couple ordered after us and the woman said to me "Is that a brownie sundae?  Okay we will take one of those to share!"  Oh well hopefully Seth's Dad got some enjoyment out of the half finished bowl!  We even managed to check out some car lots as we dream about a bigger vehicle.  The Corolla is getting a bit snug!  What a perfectly fun evening!

In baby news, Jack got 2 more teeth!  He has been drooling up a storm and some of his sleeping has been a bit wacky.  I'm not sure if the bottom 2 are on their way but,  I'm really hoping to have the teething out of the way before our vacation in a few weeks. 

 
 He he started to stick out his tongue in what I can only assume is a coping measure!

 He also has been staying busy getting into things!  One day, he was very intent on getting into this basket.  He also likes to pull at the basket's weave which I am not so happy about, ahem.

So nosy!  

This bottle with dried beans inside has become a new fun (and noisy) toy!

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!

    Go, Jack, go! We had a bottle like that for David, too, except with pennies. In true all-boy style, he LOVED the noise it made. We got rid of it for Abigail, though...she HATED the noise! Kids are so funny. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely anniversary evening! Congratulations....Jack is the star of the post , tho, not surprising! All my kids found their tongues like that at 8 months; it was a consistent milestone! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!