Chevron

Friday, September 24, 2010

Catching Up!

Last Thursday,  I came down with a sinus infection and all the symptoms that go with one.  I was pretty miserable and to top it all off Seth was leaving for Sniper School Sunday night through Thursday night.  Thankfully, Monday I was starting to feel more like myself so Jack and I were able to get out of the house to do some errands.

I also was able to make some crafts and finish Jack's wooden blocks.  On Tuesday, Jack and I went to the Farmer's Market to pick out some apples for canning applesauce.  Oh how Jack loved having access to that bushel of apples!  Much to his dismay, they had to be removed due to being thrown and eventually made into a snack, ahem.  We canned them on Thursday with my mother-in-law and had a great time.  We look forward to eating all the fruits of our labor :-)  We were happy to see Seth that evening and now everything is back to normal!  Enjoy the pictures from our week!

Jack didn't understand I wasn't feeling up to such wild play!

Here's the wind up...

and the snack!

Paper strip pumpkins and a set to giveaway.

Here are the blocks we made for Jack's 1st Birthday!

I made a beeswax wood polish to protect them.
I used this recipe.

Here is the finished product. 
It was a very nice polish to rub into the wood.  
A great bonus was that my hands were very soft after doing all 109 blocks!

Here they all are after much (much!) sanding and polishing!
I hope he enjoys the blocks as much as we did making them for him!
I still need to make a drawstring bag to store the blocks in.

Jack gave the crank a try.

Even his foot got involved!

The finished (huge) bowl of sauce!

P.S. In case you didn't know already, you can click on any picture to see it larger.
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks and applesauce! The beeswax is finding its way into my regular cleaning routine-it smells (and feels) wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better--and the blocks are beautiful! (And I'm sure the applesauce will be delicious.) :o) You mentioned at some point that you use natural cleaning supplies--would you mind sharing your "recipe." Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these pics! It softens the sadness of not living close. Dad enjoyed the post, too. Wish you could see his face as he scrolls down and takes it all in.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!