Chevron

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Days of Play

Jack has started to "play" more as opposed to eating everything he picks up!  Of course, he still puts most things in his mouth just not all of the time!  He is fascinated by books.  However, I am having a very hard time keeping him away from the non-baby books.  I decided to turn his basket of board books on it's side so he can reach in and grab his books.  He does stay busy for a while investigating all of his books.



While Kari was here we went to a few thrift stores.  I found two fun toys for Jack.  One was a Playhut tunnel for 50 cents!  Kari got the Playhut tent which was also 50 cents!  Playhut makes great toys that can be folded up and put away when you are not using them.  We have been having fun with ours.




The other toy I found was a wooden bead maze.  I used to like these when I was a kid (I still do!) so I was thrilled to find a small one.  He seems to enjoy this also and I think he will like it even more once he gets a little older.



Here he is intently trying to find a mover in our old phone book!  I thought it would make a great book for him to flip through...it didn't last long!  He is all boy and can be very rough.  He began ripping out pages and started to eat them.  So...it is not a toy anymore!


Such busy days of play!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to see the world through your child's eyes?! Grown-ups miss the wonder of everyday things, and it's nice to be treated to it again by our kids. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!