Chevron

Friday, September 10, 2010

Sewing Adventure

The creative juices have been flowing here!  We have been working on some presents for Jack's birthday and Christmas.  All of the inspiring blogs out there have left me saying "Oh, I could do that!" and "That looks easy!" Sometimes that's true and other times well, not so much!

Let's just say that my sewing capability stinks is lacking and needs lots of practice.  I only have myself to blame.  My Mom is a wonderful sewer (seamstress?) but I never showed that much interest.  I do try but I usually end up frustrated at the machine.  Well, today I put Jack down for his afternoon nap and got right to work on a pair of pajama pants for him.  I found a cool tutorial on making baby pants from an old t-shirt.  It really was pretty easy but working with stretchy knit can try one's patience (or at least mine!).  So, my seams are horrible.  No, I'm serious...they are bad... but it was good practice, practically free and they are pajamas.

This is what my shirt looked like after I cut out the pants.

Here is the finished product! 
I found that pj shirt at a garage sale for 50 cents.

At least they look cute on him so, no one
 will be looking at the elastic casing, right?!


4 comments:

  1. Good for you! They're adorable! And, just so you know, knit is NOT an easy fabric to work with, so it's not just you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Our lips are sealed!) Yeah, you are sewing! The pjs turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and looks fine! Where is this tutorial??? Let me know if you find a tutorial for a polar fleece hat for boys. I can only find tutorials everything but what I want.

    I have a few sewing projects in the works for Christmas too. I want to get 3 done this coming week with my mom's machine. Sadly, no machine for me. What kind do you have? Do you like it?

    Well, this turned into an e-mail. Sorry :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!