Chevron

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas at Home

We have been enjoying relaxing and fun family time.  We celebrated Christmas Eve at Seth's parent's house and had a wonderful time.  The fire was crackling as we talked and enjoyed a delicious meal together.

We did a photo shoot with Jack's great-grandpa's sled.
He wasn't really into it plus, my camera was giving me issues ALL night (more on that later).

He got some great gifts...farm animals, puzzles and an adorable crocheted whale.

He thought grandpa needed some help opening his gift!

Gift bags make great toys too...

Here I am!

Originally, Seth was scheduled to work all of Christmas weekend so we resigned ourselves to the fact that he would be sitting around in a bullet proof vest until he got a call and would have to leave.  Thankfully, by God's grace they gave him the whole weekend off!  It was kind of fun to start some of our own traditions and wake up in our own bed on a snowy Christmas morning.  We went at our own pace and spread the gifts out over the whole day. 

Speaking of gifts, Seth got me an SLR camera!  He worked a 2 week welding job that more than paid for it and now I have something a little better than my 5.1 megapixel point and shoot camera! I have been playing around with it and testing out the manual focus but it is going to take a while to figure it all out.  I am super excited though *BIG smile*.

We used my old camera for the stocking gifts and the new one for Jack's presents.  Jack really loved the box of raisins and mini animal crackers the best (no surprise since we are talking about food here!).
Jack's Grammy made him this cute stocking. 

His new fun Oball!

I think this picture book of family may have tied with the food!

His stocking loot

This picture makes me happy because he loves to play with Dad on this couch 
and look out the window every chance he gets.

Christmas story and breakfast
We tried a delicious cheddar & bacon loaf that may become a Christmas tradition. Yum!

I will share the rest of our Christmas photos in the next post.  Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day-Jack makes everything special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so cute in those jammies! I've been checking for these pics and glad to finally get to see them:)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!