Chevron

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Fun

I got to celebrate Valentine's Day with my littlest sweetheart yesterday!  We ran some errands in the morning and then had some heart-filled fun in the afternoon.

  My Little Heartbreaker!

He had lots of fun playing with these little wooden hearts.

He looked at his cards that were lovingly sent to us from family.

He had a heart shaped sandwich, apples and cheese. 
I almost got a picture of the cheese but he was way to fast for me!

We listened to this music while we ate and played.
Listening to Bible verses sung is a great way to memorize God's Word. :-)

Jack got dessert which is rare. Homemade funnel cake!

I have a bit of a love affair with funnel cakes.  It has been a long time since I have enjoyed one so when I saw this recipe on one of my favorite healthy recipe blogs I knew I had to try it!  It was sooo good!  Jack got to have his with some maple syrup but the adults enjoyed theirs with powdered sugar (hey, it's Valentine's Day!).

He wasn't quite sure how to attack it at first...

It didn't take him long to figure it out though!

How did you celebrate Valentine's Day?

4 comments:

  1. Very 'loving' traditions for the day! Bill brought me a rose-this makes 37 years of them! We spent the day cleaning and getting ready for guests! (Yippee, family time coming!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You enjoyed the heart shape of the food and he enjoyed the food itself -- that may never change! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I will have to make that funnel cake some time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative heart foods! (I'm not creative like that, at all! :-)
    We have Hide 'em in Your Heart, too. They're great!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!