Chevron

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Travels

We just got home from a visit with family in NY. We had lots of fun seeing cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and great-grandparents...it was a full week! This was everyone's first time meeting Ella (except for my parents) and she was quick to share her smiles with them. The week flew by like it always does but we are thankful for the time that we did have with family. Hopefully, next time we can see Aunt Megan and Uncle Jeremy too. ;-)

We took a day to go visit Seth's Papa and Gramma's farm. The last time they saw Jack he was 6 weeks old! We thought it was time to see them again especially since we had another one in tow. :-) Jack had a blast playing with the same tractors and toys that his dad used to play with and Ella mostly slept.

In his world, this is extreme happiness!

Gramma used her skills to get Ella to fall asleep while the rest of us went out to the barn.

Our 1st stop was to see the chickens.

Seth was telling us how when he was a boy he used to sit on that blue bucket just waiting for a chicken to lay an egg. Sometimes not so patiently!

We visited the new calves next. 
Jack wasn't interested in touching them. :-)

I couldn't resist taking a picture of a red Holstein named Ovaltine!
I was impressed that every cow has a name.

Jack showed quite a bit of excitement at the wood pile. 

Papa with his grandson and great grandchildren.

Gramma made her famous pancakes, eggs, bacon and gravy.
We couldn't be more happy for this yummy meal.
Even Jack ate one of everything!

This last picture is one of my favorites because of the memories associated with it.

#1- Jack was enthralled with all of their chiming clocks. I asked them how many they have but they couldn't quite put a figure on it. :-) Every time one chimed he would stop playing and tell us "I back" and go running to find it!

#2- Jack came to tell me that he saw Jesus. I curiously followed him and had to laugh when he pointed at the little Dutch boy in this photo. Don't ask...I don't know why!

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely visit! I'm a sucker for farms... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to share the newest generation with their roots-what a blessing for both!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!