Chevron

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Toddler Boy Entertainment

Jack has been staying busy with lots of fun projects lately. Some I planned for him and others he came up with on his own. Either way it's fun to see his creativity shine through.  Most days he is happy to play with his ever growing collection of vehicles, read books or follow me around and try to do what I'm doing.  Sometimes though a project of some sort is in order.  Here are some of the things that he has enjoyed...

Water Play




Digging

Oh, how he loves to dig!
He will also spend so much time transferring grain, fuzzy pom poms, googly eyes etc. from one bowl to the next.

Googly Eyes

Yes, they get their own category! He loves them and will find multiple uses for them.  I bought pool noodles to put under our couches to help eliminate the toys that need fishing out. They didn't quite serve their purpose so I returned them but not before Jack sent every one of his plastic eyes down the hole! He also gave his metal cars a ride down them too. He had a blast!

(Yes, we are still wearing Christmas pj's. I'm working on that!)

Ironically, I'm pretty sure we had some under the couch after this activity.

Homemade Play Dough

We both really enjoyed this one.  Though, I think he liked the actual making of the play dough more than playing with it.  

He dumped all the ingredients in.

Here he is correcting himself after a little spill.  All of his transferring back and forth has resulted in quite good hand-eye coordination.

He picked blue.  I must say this dough is far superior to store bought. So soft and pliable.  So fun!

We got out his play dough kit and he played away...for awhile.

I guess the Legos in the other room were much more exciting.
Until next time, play dough!

What activities have your toddlers enjoyed?

6 comments:

  1. Such a busy guy....yes, water and play dough were on my list of fun. The boys really enjoyed playing with the small jointed 'army men' they called guys.......love seeing life from Jack's point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that one of the tops tools needed by any mom of a boy is to have some intriguing projects for those times when he needs somewhere to focus his attention...nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke loves to color. I think he would do it all day long if I let him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is so creative! I want to come do crafts with you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be doing water play tomorrow, thanks for the idea. We also will need your play-dough recipe. I have never had homemade be pliable. It's always stiff and hard to work with. ~Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  6. You took the noodles back!? We could have used them at the beach ;). Thanks for sharing a bit of Jack's day.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!