Chevron

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 23


We had a fun family day picking strawberries!

Jack had a blast again this year.  He loved the tractor ride, running up and down our aisle and of course eating as many strawberries as he could!  Ella sat in her seat and just watched us.  I'm sure she will be following her brother's lead next year.

We ended up being the last people in the patch and the owner let Jack sit on the tractor!  This was very exciting, of course!

Seth's parents live near the strawberry patch so, we stopped in to say hello and ended up staying all afternoon.  Thankfully, mom helped us wash, cut and vacuum seal the strawberries we wanted to freeze.  When we got home we made a batch of jam.  I am looking forward to using the rest for some yummy desserts.  Oh, how I love strawberries!


We had only been there a few moments and his fingers were already red!

The owner commented on her perfect strawberry picking outfit! ;-)

It was very hard to get his attention so I could get a picture of his face.
 He was so busy checking it all out!

Ella flashed me a smile while we waited for Dad to pay.

BIG wheels, little boy.

Now, I'm already thinking about picking blueberries!

4 comments:

  1. Jack looks like a perfect fit sitting on the tractor.
    ~ Julie Kline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh fruit is so delicious! Love the 'patient' look Jack is giving you...as in, "I'm doing serious business here, Mom, I don't have time to smile for pictures!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a full, fun day! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the jam to remind you of this great day for a long time to come!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!