Chevron

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 30








Today...

* We made banana chocolate chip muffins.  Yum.

* I bottled up my liquid soap. My father-in-law's homemade lemon soap is my ultimate favorite. This is my attempt to make it last longer since we seem to fly through the bars.

* We cleaned bathrooms complete with a freshly laundered inner shower curtain. I shared my love (ahem) for cleaning showers here. Don't worry my little shadow watched how I do it and he got to play in the water so, I am pretty sure he will be cleaning it for me next time! A girl can dream, right?!

* Jack mastered the art of blowing bubbles and cooked up some rose petal and mulch soup. Ella just wished she could get her hands on the bubbles.

* I made a mental note to make new cushions for the patio chairs. Now if I can only find some outdoor fabric that I like. Did you know we have no Joann Fabrics here?  Very sad.

* Speaking of fabric, I am getting excited to make some quilts with my mother-in-law for the kids! I am in love with this fabric!

 Riveting stuff, I know. Who knew my life was so...normal. :-)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fully packed day! The fabric is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just washed my shower curtain liner a couple of weeks ago, too...it must be in the air. :)

    I love to see Jack "cooking" -- my brothers and I used to love doing that, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shower curtain liner...that was the word I was looking for, haha!

      Delete
  3. "Freshly laundered inner shower curtain" ... can you put them through the washing machine!?!?!? I am SO hoping you're going to tell me yes, because that would be a dream come true! And yes, your day is very normal ... and wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can throw them in the washing machine!!! I used to buy the vinyl kind but the smell always gave me headaches so I switched to 100% polyester. I really like this kind better although you can't spray the water directly on the curtain or you will end up with a wet floor. We don't have problems though. I purchase mine at Ross or TJMaxx. They are a little more expensive but I think they last longer and like I said no smell. My mom washes her vinyl one in her front loader with no problems but my machine always tore them up.I hope this helps!

      Delete
  4. fun times! How do you make lemon soap? I love the smell of lemons. Lemons=clean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not exactly sure! I will have to ask him what essential oils he uses. I know Mrs. Meyers makes a lemon verbena that smells good. I wish I bought that one. I bought the lavender to make hand soap with and the smell was SO overpowering that it gave me a headache. I think I must be very sensitive to smells!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a great day! The new fabric and quilting day sound wonderful!

    I have a JoAnns but it is an hour away-I miss going every week!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!