Chevron

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 26

I have no Instagram photo today but don't worry I took some with my camera.  We went to a Percheron (draft horse) Show that was in the field behind Seth's parent's house. It was a very hot day but it was really neat to see these strong horses up close and watch them work.  I wish we could have stayed longer to see more but the horses and my kids were hot and both needed a break.  We got to enjoy a delicious lunch together and visit for a while too.  Such a nice day!

 My little hot babies!

The horses pulled some different wagons and we enjoyed our ride.
It was a little bumpy so Jack held my hand tightly!

The ride was very relaxing for Ella too.
I think if we made one more pass she would have fallen asleep!

I thought the guy that was plowing was going to get taken down with the plow...they are very powerful!  It puts a whole new perspective on a scene from the movie War Horse.
Excellent movie, by the way. ☺

 Jack is on a big animal kick so this was very fun for him!

This is right about at Jack's height. 

I thought this was cute because it looks like Ella is signing I love you!

The kids enjoyed lots of snuggles and laughter back in the cool house.
Fun times...we will have to try to go again next year!

3 comments:

  1. We're glad to get to share your adventure. Great pictures of our sweet grandchildren- nice horses, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun-I like the photo of Jack checking out he horses-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous horses! I like Ella's 'sign language.' :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for leaving me a comment!